PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Sweeden
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 04:29
speedy_pedro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia feed-back

Hello everyone !

Just pasting here what I wrote at another topic about my experience at Swedish flight schools :

"I was browsing the forum about other info and came across this topic. So here's my feed-back about DFAS :

Good location in a quiet but well equipped Kalmar airport
Full equipped G1000 DA-42's, providing FADEC and Anti-ICE experience !
Experienced instructors who actually fly for living as well as instructing (at least Henrik and Michael do!) hence providing "real life" advice

As for my particular training - FAA IR conversion to JAA IR course - it was very well organized and educational ! The fabulous DA-42 simulator helped a lot in the procedures familiarization and practicing ADF (no ADF in FAA training). Then the actual flight training went through seamless and I completed the course in the advertised hours with a clean check-ride within 3 weeks and within advertised budget

Kalmar itself is a beautifull city, clean and organized as usual in northern europe, nice place to stay for study or training. Not that fun for after hours fun though... I only had a couple days off, but didn't found any pleasant place to party at night in both attempts :-( Maybe some of you guys will be more lucky.

All in all, a flight academy I definetly recommend. Definetly for the FAA to JAA IR conversion, and possibly for other courses as well. After flight training experiences in Portugal, USA and then Sweden I should know about good and bad flight schools !

Good luck guys ! Send my regards to Henrik and Michael !!!