PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 00:21
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the same Robert S McNamara that devised the "Mutual Assured Destruction" doctrine of cold war era. He was Sec for Defense 61-68?
Aagh Blackhand, are you trying to lure me into 'dancing a tango' with you ? I am guessing yes?
But I will answer your question so that you can arm yourself with a decent retort - Yes, it is the same McNamara. A brilliant strategist with a brilliant mind, but like all intelligent men he reflected later in life on some of his actions, ideas, strategies and concepts, The Fog Of War is a DVD worthy of viewing.

Towering Q, thanks for the 'bogan compliment'. Obviously you don't approve of my speach, nonetheless I say things the way I see it, whether people like it or not I don't tailor my speach, thoughts or beliefs to suit the desires or acceptability of others. But that apllies in reverse, and I am equally accepting of others viewpoints regardless of how they express it.
Why then do the Coalition persist with their Direct Action Plan? They say it will reduce CO2 emissions by 5 per cent by 2020, based on 1990 levels.Why bother if it won't 'make a difference'?
Do you really need a lesson in government? Governments do not give a rat's ass if it makes a difference or not, it's about perception and ego's. The 'end game' is getting re-elected, enabling them to live a little longer on the kick they get from power and authority. If they think a carbon or environment policy dressed up in a nice package with a bowtie on top will buy them support then they will use it. If it turns out to be a complete crock they don't care, the end justifies the means, which is an extra 3 years with
their snouts in the trough.
Direct Action will cost taxpayers $11 billion a year and effectively pay industry to pollute less
These are government spin figures. If you honestly believe that each living Australian will be better off financially and environmentally under this plan then I guess we will have to wait maybe 20 years to see what the outcome is. I am yet to witness in my lifetime a government that has acted proactively, fairly, reasonably, unbiased, honestly and efficiently on behalf of it's nation.

Last edited by gobbledock; 21st Nov 2011 at 00:42.