PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Hour FO positions...
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2011, 23:09
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are have obviously never experienced the reality of airline ops today. No modern airline gig will ever be able to beat a really good corporate job, and I will admit they are the minority, but the with right boss, flying corporate big iron will be as close as you can get to aviation Nirvana.
I totally get what you mean and agree with what you say, but as a (relatively) young and low-hour pilot I just think that the airline job would get me off to a better start. I'd rather fly 900hrs a year for a while with a flag carrier and stay (again relatively) worry free about the job and whether it'll still be around tomorrow than do 250 a year and feel like everyone else is just passing you by.

Again that's not to say I wouldn't appreciate a corporate job. I love business aviation and it's up- and downsides and run a small business myself working with people inthe bizav world.

It's simply a choice (and again that's only really an issue if I pass that final interview) based on my current life situation and where I hope to go within the next few years.