PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Hour FO positions...
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 18:44
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
however none of the hours can be logged so it won't really help me become eligible for employment hours wise.
That is not correct. Keep a log of your "unloggable" hours in a separate logbook. I would much prefer to employ an FO who had 1000 "unloggable" hours on a King Air, than some rich kid who had a daddy-paid type rating and the regulatory minimum "loggable" sim-hours on type.

Almost anything could spark my interest, but maybe an entrepreneurial past, military derring-do, top chef, Eton-Oxford, scumbag school-Oxford, former 1st class cabin crew etc etc. I would certainly value sitting next to a former eng. In all cases I wanted people who naturally relate appropriately with the client/boss, and had something between their ears. That tends to come with a high quality education (I would include military training in that), or if not, then a lot of life experience.
And I agree with totally too. Nothing more boring than having to spend every stopover with some sprog who has never done anything interesting in their life, has had their training paid for by family, and whose main interest is to get onto facebook or their iPhone.