PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel quality check on Aussie airliners!
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 00:17
Hold_Short

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel quality check on Aussie airliners!

Quick question.

I have never seen or maybe miss seeing if the PIC checks the quality of fuel, via each tank draining point either first flight of the day and/or after each refueling. As the PIC has the sole responsibility, can he or she delegate this responsibility to another crew member to whom ever does the walk around?

As far as I am aware it takes about 4 times longer for the water to separate from JET A1 than normal AVGAS, but with this being the case, I am yet to hear of delays due to fuel quality checks. If anyone could fill me in on their company procedures and who does what to ensure fuel quality assurance, that would be great!

Also... just updated my Jepps again which is extremely time consuming, let alone boring, however, who updates all the onboard charts to the flight crew at each amendment service? I'm sure the crew wouldn't, so would the airline get a whole new crate load of newly updated charts sent to them at each amendment period or is there some people solely employed by the company to manage and control the updates for each aircraft. Now that for sure would be the worlds worst job for sure!

Cheers