PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Boeing Revises 787 First Flight and Delivery Plans- Again
Old 15th Nov 2011, 02:01
Seabreeze

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
B787 inefficiency due to excess ground personnel

Just drove by the B787 parked at YSSY on the eastern apron. My worry is that the 787 seems to need upwards of 50 people wearing green safety vests to surround it at all times. This could be very expensive in the long run for airlines.

Through the fence it was evident that the green vested personnel (a new species?) were obviously expert in:
* involving themselves with earnest discussion
* answering questions of each other when asked and giving advice freely
* answering questions of each other when not asked
* being able to stand in the one place for long times without physical support.

I think they are a Darwinian evolution of the council workers of the '60s; you remember the ones who were always found leaning on shovels (actually an appendage that looked like a shovel), but even then were expert in providing gratuitous advice to all.

With evolution it seems the resting shovel has slowly flattened out, changed its colouring to green and risen up to cover the upper torso, while the species itself can now stand upright on two legs.

Probably Charles Darwin would have predicted it if asked; although I cannot find any reference in the "Origin of Species"

Last edited by Seabreeze; 15th Nov 2011 at 02:19.