PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 15:24
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I dont see why some passengers should have bags that are bigger than everyone else. Follow the rules and you wont have to pay."

Fair point, BUT, why does RYR and a couple of others reduce their dimensions by 5cm compared to standard ICAO hand bag size, and on the same type a/c as other carriers who use the ICAO size? Someone will answer, 'because they can'. True, but that is not a satisfactory answer. They are in the customer service industry and irritating your source of income with petty adjustments to standard rules just to trip up innocent pax for a fine. You buy a standard ICAO bag and then get screwed. It has even happened that a pax travelled 1 way with a sensible ICAO compliant LoCo carrier, and t'other way with one of the childish ones. Air rage started at the gate. I even saw ez in MAD do a check at the gate. The wheels of the bag did indeed go into the cage, but had to be manoeuvred, rather than a straight drop in/pull out. Nope, that was going to be an extra 25euros for the hold. Guy kicked and smashed the wheels off in front of some rather disturbed pax. Not a good image.
You also get some more sensible non-UK carriers who allow the cabin bag and sensible laptop/lady's handbag/dutyfree/ as an extra. The 1 bag rule is an unnecessary inconvenience and sensible discretion should be enough. It is the case that a B738 189 seats can not accommodate much more than 150 of RYR's own samsonite bag. What then when the flight is full? Delay code down to themselves.