PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL/ME or MEP then CPL?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 10:00
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did MEP IR then CPL in the twin then MCC

Personally I would say it better to get it out the way and then have it in the bank if an opertunity comes up.

Its pretty easy to get a revalidation but its not to get the course done if your on a time scale.

You can always renew your IR on the single if you so wish.

Those first jobs can be a bit of a right place and right time and if you don't have all the ticks in the boxes the start your type rating next week won't be possible if you have to fit in a twin IR upgrade course. Where as a two days refresher and then IR renewal is possible in 7 days.

As for the CPL/ME its alot to do in the time frame and I would doud't you wouldn't over run.

If you do the ME first then IR then CPL you end up with about 50 hours in the aircraft which is usually the starting point for private hire for insurance. Athough saying that that was my plan and i have never hired a twin yet and my MEP went to the wind 2 years ago outside 5 years valid.

The cpl test in the twin after the IR is way easier than in a single complex you just have to do a single engine missed approach with circle to land which is easy after the IR compared to all the fannying around doing PFL's etc in the Single CPL.