PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month, Yes/No?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 06:25
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Skillet,

I believe it is foolish to discuss what our salaries may or may not be on a public forum. For good reason, most people do not openly discuss their salaries and indeed should you be rude/foolish enough to walk into a bar in HK and ask a suit what he gets paid, you will be told to "poke off". So why do you feel the need to discuss it on here?

Further, your discussion is with one of 2 groups; non-cx pilots and cx pilots. Frankly, it is of no business to non-cx pilots what we are paid. New-joiners can contact Recruiment if they want to know the current T&Cs (which may or may not bear any relationship to the figures you quote).

Should you wish to discuss salaries with Cx Pilots, then use the AOA forum (perhaps Numero Cruncher may lurk in those parts) If those seeking a discussion are non-members, then why discuss anything with them at all.

Finally, I know you are not the first to discuss numbers on pprune and sadly you will not be last, but I believe it would be prudent for us all to refrain from discussing numbers in public; no good can ever come of it.