PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 777 off the rwy at EDDM
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 19:48
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joelnthailand - Since you chose to go the private route in Singapore we can reasonably assume you know absolutely nothing about the training system in SIA, your post confirms that. A large part of the initial training of Singapore cadets takes place in Australia with non Singaporean instructors, the cadets don't get to fly within SIA until they have achieved their basic CPL/IR.

I was working for SIA when the accident involving SQ6, (Not SQ9), happened and there was no denial, just a deep sense of shame and embarrassment, not the sort of thing one shouts from the hill tops,
it might help if you made some effort to understand the culture of the people you choose to criticise.

Since about 92% of all accidents/incidents are blamed on pilot error it is possible that this incident involved handling errors too. The German regulating authority and Boeing will establish exactly what happened and other operators will be advised so that lessons may be learned, that is standard practice, it won't be 'swept under the carpet' as so many of the anti SQ brigade will claim.

Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, it won't surprise me if, within a few weeks of the report being published, there is as much deliberate mis information here on PPRuNe about this Munich incident as there is about the SQ6 accident.