PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 14:49
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xraydice, interesting post. Do you mean on a schedule route basis again (they are allegedly looking at "the regions" again) or just to service IT flights for some of the Tour Operators? I couldn't see them returning to ABZ to fly a schedule service like they used to from/to AGP as it didn't work last time.

TCX were certainly busy out of ABZ this summer, especially early & late in the season. But if MON are simply replacing TCX on IT ops, would you need an additional refueller, assuming the same/similar number of flights?

I wondered if it was related to the "Jet2 at ABZ" rumour that had been doing the rounds earlier. Or had that rumour died down?

Meanwhile, part of the Scottish Govt's report following the First Minister's recent sojourn to the ME:

"On Thursday, he will officially open Heriot-Watt's new campus outside Dubai. He will also discuss expanding air links with the UAE during discussions with executives from Emirates Airline & Group."

A lot of people assume i. a 2nd GLA flight or ii. a new EDI link.

However, & as ABZ Management had previously said one of their goals was a link to DXB, could the talks have been about a link to ABZ...obviously with the likes of a 319/320! Similar to what AZAL do on the route to GYD.

Unlikely? Well, I never thought I'd see a direct link to Baku!!