PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 777 off the rwy at EDDM
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 04:26
shinkai744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another few interesting observation if it's contributes to any constructive discussion that is.--

1) Based on YouTube timing( that's what we have anyways) the nose wheel was back on the runway Tarmac ( after veering off left) for a good 6-7 seconds (make it 5, to be very conservative) before going off to the right.

2) Main wheel boogey visual transition from black mud/grass debris to smoking white rubber in an INSTANT.

With these, a best educated opinion 6-7 seconds on the Tarmac (5 at the very minimum on 197'/60 m wide runway with whatever speed it was, is hardly a violent swing on the nose wheel by the crew's input as so many of the forumers were predicting.
Also the black dirt to instant white smoke was probabily due the main boogeys already lose grip of the grass surface and in a sliding mode (impossible for the crew to have felt it until the wheel hit Tarmac - gripping force back again and locking in the direction and swing marks u see on the photos.

Metaphorically speaking: A driver sitting at the front of huge long base trailer transport truck turning slowing without realizing his tail has lost grip already. What looks like still in control for the first few moments... Until the rear gripped again, leaving the driver split second to either crash into the road divider, brake in time or do a further hard turn to avoid.

Lastly, if the rumour of an attempted go around was true or considered, as seen with the nose wheel lifting off or otherwise; why would the reversers be pull? I understand most operators commits to LANDING once the reverser sleeves are out from lock.

Like I said--- just making observations, not conclusions.

Ps, I like the "conclusion"by a forumer who so clearly states that the vid is a fake from flight sim although he corrected himself later. Must be a Steve jobs apple software game to counter pc games. one thing I have learned for sure is never to judge and conclude without knowing all facts.
Afterall, this is an industry where we have to LEARN FROM; rather than JUDGE each other's experiences .

Last edited by shinkai744; 12th Nov 2011 at 05:48.