PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations - pt 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 00:04
penetrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apache it would be good if the rexpc could get that to happen but I think the company would squash it straight away! I have heard that there is another mix of around 10 pilots waiting for a start dates with other carriers & some ready for retirement. The CHECK & training department may also be going to take a bigger hit. Rex crews are being utilized on the stack of pel-air charters, even having these flights rostered, because pel-air dont have enough crew either. There was up to 10 sectors in Sydney on thursday uncrewed, Krusty34 would be able to give a better appreciation of this. Topping this off Rex have/are starting a Newcastle run which will probably end up like the Brisbane episode of 4 years ago. To say Rex will not have an uncontrollable haemorrhaging on the way would be living in a dream world. They are as we speak scrambling to get some direct entry & upgradable people into the system.

The lifestyle that a regional pilot used to have is changing, typically with Rex. With so much more interstate flying & up to 4 days away at a time you would have to ask yourself, if I am living the domestic lifestyle I might as well get paid like a domestic pilot & fly the equipment of a domestic pilot.

Last edited by penetrator; 12th Nov 2011 at 00:38.