PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2011, 20:44
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korean

And not forgetting Korean Air to Seoul starting April 2012 and the 'proposed' Air Nigeria flights to Lagos.

It has been mentioned on other forums that Avianca have obtained slots at LGW for a Bogota route for next summer.

I wonder why Aeromexico didn't start a LGW to Mexico City route after the collapse of Mexicana, after all they did contest the route prior to Mexicana obtaining slots at LGW, so maybe Aeromexico could be a fiture airline at LGW.

I can see the likes of Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Avianca, Garuda Indonesia, Philipine Airlines, Senegal Airlines at LGW in the near future with possibly Air Jamaica who did annnounce early last year that they intended a return to LHR but was never materialised so slots as well as aircraft could have been an issue as to why flights never commenced.

In the forseable future I could envisage the return of Yemenia (previously LGW before a move to LHR) to the UK once the ban has been lifted so a possible LGW route to Sanaa if they have lost their slots at LHR, and maybe Air Tanzania (previously used LGW) and have commented about a UK route with an Airbus 330, Mongolian Airlines who two years ago made a statement regarding a possible route to LGW from Ulan Battar, Nepal Airlines (previously used LGW) who has also expressed an interest in a return to the UK as they have an Airbus 330 on order plus Skymark Airlines of Japan who have Airbus 380s on order and plan on using them to Europe.

The future is bright the future is Gatwick:-)

Lets hope LGW can retain its glory days again with a host of new international airlines starting operations, they will be a very welcome sight indeed against the backdrop of orange!