PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams now or post Apr 12?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 21:13
jpboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gashman,

When I walked into the Careers Office I knew nothing of the military accreditation scheme. I don't see it being any different now to those wishing to fly HM jets so I don't see it as a recruiting tool for quality people. I would see it as best practise for a Service wishing to do the best for it's people as they leave.

For the EASA Jul slip explanation read Beagle's response #19 here;
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...nder-easa.html

Are the CAA responsible for implementing or formulating national policy? Discuss

Did 22 Gp create this goat? Rather depends on what direction they were given by the chain of command. With wars being fought and manpower being reduced I don't think it would have been on CAS priority list, do you?

22 Gp are as manpower hit as the rest of the mil. Whatever priority you and I may believe this issue has it is not on the radar of the big chiefs. There is not a huge team beavering away on this, read 1x Sqn Ldr and 1x Flt Lt both posted in late to this stuation.

In civvie speak somebody should have taken ownership of this situation 2 years ago, allocated adequate resources to resolving the issue by working hand in hand with the CAA as the euro goat developed and communicated down the chain to those impinged, thus allowing individuals to plan their lives accordingly. I believe it is called Transformational Leadership and should be practised not preached.

As unfair as this situation is, I believe it equally unfair to blame the 2 fellas shoved into this dogs dinner at the last minute.

Last edited by jpboy; 10th Nov 2011 at 04:38.