PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams now or post Apr 12?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 16:29
gashman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How come the EASA change-over date for licences has been slipped to July, yet the mil bridging hasn't? Is it a double standards thing? I could do with those extra few months having spent 3 months away this summer which has scuppered my ATPL training timeline.

Even for those doing all of the exams, once the mil exemptions go, the ease and cost of getting an ME IR is likely to change. I spoke to the CAA today and they advised me that post 8th April, your mil flying won't allow your chosen training provider to cut hours out of the full ME IR course. I think that means a course goes from about 15hrs to about 40hrs. Which is less than ideal and bonkers that our experience flying in cloud won't count because the tail number of our jet wasn't on the civilian register.

To be fair, the nice lady at the CAA didn't know what was likely to happen either as 22 Gp haven't done much and EASA keep changing the rules. I do have the email of the policy department though if anyone wishes to get in touch with them too. They are the peeps who decide on extensions etc and may be able to lobby EASA for a bit of flex given the goat created by 22 Gp.

Come on 22 Gp, tell us what is going on. With the pension fiasco, we need this carrot if we are going to keep attracting high quality people to fly in the RAF.