PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Weston on the Green
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 06:30
Top Bunk Tester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon
I'm sorry but if you knew the setup at RAF WOTG and the relationship between JSAT(W), RAFSPA & Skydive Weston then you wouldn't have posted the above. It has always been complex and having been involved for almost 30 years I know of what I speak. This debacle is down to one corrupt serving person and he deserves to be hung out to dry because of it. If you need to know or are closely involved then you would know the name. Whilst you are quoting chapter and verse, the RAF has lost it's way as being the premier sports para drop zone for the benefit of ALL servicemen in the UK. This is not about profit, but ploughing money back into the equipment needed provide servicemen with a unique adventurous training opportunity. Now this money will have to found from the public purse and I think we all know where this will lead in the current climate. I wonder if you have any conception of the costs involved to provide sports para as adventure training, I would hazard it tops the scale on a cost per participant basis of any other JSAT activity.