PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 777 off the rwy at EDDM
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 03:41
Patty747400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"How many times must it be stated on this thread that SIA FOs DO NOT CONDUCT AUTOLANDS AS A PF. IT IS ALWAYS THE CAPTAIN WHO IS THE PF, BOTH FOR PRACTICE AND ACTUAL AUTOLANDS."

Practice and actual autolands? I assume you mean practice or actual CAT2/3. If that's the case you are correct. Captains will always do the actual or practice CAT2/3 landings.
But, there's nothing in our manuals preventing the FO from doing a autoland. I have had FO:s doing it "just for fun".
It's not common, I can agree on that since if you want to do an autoland you might as well have the captain doing it so both pilots can record it towards their required LVP recency requirements.

"In the first Operations Manual of Tiger Airways, which was a 1:1 copy of SIA/SLK procedures, there was a very strange paragraph, saying that CMD should let the FO make autoland if they don't want to give him the landing - for whatever reason."

Don't know about SIA but in SIA Cargo (and the manuals were a blueprint of SIA) no such thing has existed since 2004.