PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAM site 'upgrade'
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2002, 12:16
rustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calm down, calm down (in my best LPL accent )

I think it's obvious where myself and Mike have been coming from throughout this period of "NOTAM uncertainty"

I actually agree with everything you guys said about reliability, I was merely pointing out the differing financial clout between a cash-strapped QUANGO and a megaprofit bank/online seller.

Since day one (August 2002) I've been banging on (and on) about rolling back to the "A" series PIBs, parallel developing the new super-site and getting some real user testing/feedback (I refer the honourable gents to my post on www.pplir.org)

My point 1 previously was to illustrate the problem - we have zero choice at present with regards NOTAM info. Sure, you can get a half briefing from the US MIL sites, even European sites running the same software, but you cannot get your local NOTAM except from AIS-UK.

AvBrief were supposed to have their unadulterated feed from AIS by September - don't know why they haven't - I'll ask.

They will be well pleased to know that they'll have a raft of new subscribers! (QDM)

Will these be the same forum members who, of a total of > 100 views only 7 bothered to vote on the "is 3 months long enough" poll?

=================================

Copy of email to AvBrief - sent October:

Paul,

I have no issues with you using any ideas we've collected to enhance AvBrief.

My mission (and I chose to accept it) is to make NATS/AIS do the right thing and provide useable base information.

Value-add and enhancements they cannot do, and nor should they - over to you guys and the Ian Fallons of the world.