PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meeting Virgin Blue Minimums
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2002, 08:46
wizbang123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for the replies, to alidad and airspeed ambassedor, thanks for the advice, I am already taking that option, including the Airlaw written I took for the conversion, I now have two under my belt, the problem is that it’s a time consuming process and also cash consuming, Im worried that I will miss the boat, so to speak, and the current hiring period will be over and done by the time I finish all the writtens, The fact that they don’t put the ATPL theory credit requirement on the pilot.staffcv site, or anywhere for that matter is also a tad upsetting especially for those who are working OS like I was at the time I decided I want to work for VB. The first thing you do when you decide you wanna work for a particular operator is find out if you meet their minimums, and when I read
And I quote “commercial pilot licence with ATPL theory credits OR ATPL. I was under the impression that I just had to get Aus, Instrument rating, first class medical and do a couple of airlaw written tests, go see CASA and id be in the running, . how can anybody, extract that extremely important piece of information about the theory credits, by looking at VB minimums, I was only lucky to find out because I had a friend in the company. Otherwise I wouldn’t have known the reason, which due to legality reasons is understandable.
Now I still most definitely have not given up on VB, im writing in this forum because I am confronted with an extremely frustrating situation and from reading here in the past, it would seem that it’s a great way to vent your frustration when it concerns the aviation industry
Now to Farrari, your post is from the heart mate, good to see. And I see your point. I understand that there are a lot of frustrated pilots out there who would love to work for VB and aren’t getting called. I don’t think that I deserve a job at VB more than the next person.I Do think though that when in a grey area like this it would be more prudent for an employer to consider a pilots past experience more relevant than their theory test experience, when it comes to evaluating ones ability to exceed the expectations placed apon them by their employers, and by not considering me or anyone else in my position for employment that is exactly what VB are doing.
The opinions I have presented above are mine alone and in no way meant to upset anybody