PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 777 off the rwy at EDDM
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 14:13
shinkai744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We do not know the facts and the findings at this point of in time.
Autopilot failure? GS? antiskip?(unlikely) or failure to disengage, whatever?
But much have been speculated about unprotected ILS signal.
Have we ever questioned ourselves that "at which point" exactly - the localizer/lateral signal deviated and the RATE at which it deviated?

The results would be very different between at say-- 200ft and "just touch down" with reversers deploying? or charging down the runway at 130 knots with full reversers? etc.
Also not forgeting how fast or slow the rate of deviation is?

I can just imagine no pilot (although guarding controls at all times expecting the worst "at all times" like most pilots will) will be anticipating a; say; full force lateral deviation ; say;...at touch down? (imagine your FO suddenly went mad and kicked full rudder/bank at flare or at 100 knots?) Are we train for that? Hmmm... Why not just train a pilot for every god damn scenerio we can think of...(a mosquito nailing and sucking your di#k at roatation? a little humour wont kill)

I guess the pilot given the situation at THAT point in time did what he had to. Whether Hero or Zero... he had to face whatever it was with everything he had. Who are we to criticise what their training department;the pilot, their FOs their country did etc was it even RELEVANT? Come on guys... Assumptions are mother of all F###UPS. None of us know the facts but some are just quick to point the guns as if "Oh, it will never happen to me when i am at the controls(THE FAMOUS LAST WORDS)..
Utter Disgust for some.

Last edited by shinkai744; 6th Nov 2011 at 14:32.