PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tianjin Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 06:42
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did talk to one expat flying the Tianjin 145 that was just starting 190 school, but is not rated yet. These airlines are all run by guys that were cadets 7 years ago, and have no experience other than that, in life. The job, from when you show up to work, till the time you leave is great, but they are a bunch of schoolkids trying to run airlines.

These upgrades are new, and not approved by the CAAC. AFTER somebody upgrades, then we will talk. But until then, it is just a promise, a carrot held in front of you, to come here. HNA is offering a 330 CCQ upgrade for 320 guys, but it is not approved by anybody. HNA usually requires 300+ hours of line training for fully RATED pilots, god knows what they would require for non rated types.

My job at Capital the last 5 months rocks. The first year was a nightmare. I was "outbased" in Kunming, 4 days on 2 days off. 0600 show time to 0200 return, after midnight on the 4th day. There were 3 of us doing that, I am the only one left. The other two are gone, for the same reasons stated above.

Right now my job here is working out great. The first year sucked. It can change back tomorrow and I cannot change that, although the same exists at any airline, anywhere. BUT, the bad here is worse.

Would I come here again, or recommend it? Only if I had a job that I could go back to.