PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2011, 13:02
EuroWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2221 by Shed makes a good, if long winded, read. He tries, successfully in my opinion, to disabuse Joe Public that the idea of a low cost carrier is most certainly not the same as a low fares airline.

MOL tries to kid people, and in the main he has succeeded, into thinking that Ryan is a low fares airline by eternally banging on about 99p fares to here there and everywhere whereas the truth is a million miles away from that. They wouldn't be turning in profits every year at 99p a seat would they?

Keep up the good work Shed as I think you will need to repeat your message over and over again and even then the penny won't drop with a large percentage of "Joe Public".
It depends on what your definition of a low fare actually is, if it's 99p then no Ryanair does not offer many of them. However, Ryanair claims to offer base fares which are lower than competitiors and according to their own 'average fare analysis' this is true (I don't have the figures). It's naive to think that everyone pays a low amount too.

I don't think 'the average fare' takes into account 'optional' fees, so in my opinion it's not necessarily an accurate reflection of what each passenger actually pays. Of course, MOL puts a spin on things.