PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 777 off the rwy at EDDM
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2011, 06:30
CARGOJOCK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MISUNDERSTOOD

no aviator wishes harm or incident on a fellow aviator, and certainly not on the company that provides the job. but in this case stubbornness is the root cause on the part of the company.

my argument was the fundamental/base of training at SIA is flawed. you take F/O with a total of 200(we all started at this level) no sectors/handling for the fellas, then you impose limitations for their landings and then expect them to have the required experience when they become captains.

a checked out green horn should be able to land the aircraft in CAT1 min weather of 550m. trust me many of them cannot do this and keep looking at you when it is their sector.

as i mentioned earlier the command course is 9-12 months shows the poor standard of the training program and the candidate.

so all this BS about LOC/GS bending and duff is not an issue if these lads have the confidence to disconnect the AP and fly her manually or even GA.

if LVP conditions had prevailed then the airport would have had LVP procedures in effect and protections in place.

however if there was a CAT1 minimum weathe rprevailing, and the crew opted to do an autoland which is no issue,however the crew should have be aware that the protections will NOT be in place and that the LOC/GS bending and all interference could be expected and AP disconnection at some stage should have been expected.

in the absence of a report at this early stage of time it appears that the autoland was attempted(as informed by the company) and interference took place and the crew sat on it fat dum and happy, and the aircraft just followed the signals.
when she wobbled down the runway the crew disconnected the AP and over corrected and the end result was on the green.

these are the facts that will haunt SIA training.

make sure on your watch basics prevail.............