PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right hand seat Captains
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2002, 21:50
BlueEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smokie - Yes, I should have said that not only is my method not the only one but that it doesn't always work!

Frankly someone who has themself been a captian and is now a F/O should know better and I think I might be inclined to point this out to them. The 3 to 4 day trip is going to be hell one way or the other so get in first, read the riot act and get your colleagues to do the same, either he will get the message or management will! If you are less than an effective two crew team because of his attitude/behaviour then he is a flight safety hazard anyway and needs to understand this and correct it.

I can think of a couple of airlines where using the 411A method would not help as these lads knew the theory backwards, it was turning it into something practical that was the problem!

[As an afterthought Smokie, next time as you settle into your seats casually briefly wave an official looking form in the air and say, "Oh, by the way, I've been asked to do a confidential report, attitude, adherence to SOP, general performance, you know the sort of thing, just thought I'd let you know, seems unfair to do these things in secret" ]