PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 06:07
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess the floor boards in the shack give me much more info than the pet rock. Built right where you could never build now but the ol man built it just after the war, and nobody cared then. Its close enough for a xmas tide to come inside, (after 40 years the missus is starting to accept it, but still goes ballistic) us blokes and kids think its good fun, she doesn't, the point I am making I have yet had to replace the floor boards, we only have it at Xmas, and never flood at any other time. The earth changes, it always has, and I have been here long enough, to accept it. The worst drought we ever had was in the thirties, the worst flood we ever had was in Qld when Clermont went under killing most of its population that was 1910. Yes we could be contributing, but nobody can be 100% sure, what we can be sure of no tax is going to fix it. The wonderful mix of aviation brains at the Goldie's "Dont Get Me Started Party", makes more sense to me than Tim Flannery (who has just built on the water).