PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS operating single pilot?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2002, 09:16
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

"...the full fare paying pax do NOT want to know anything about the F/O and SPECIFICALLY if he is flying the a/c!!"
Well whoever told you that is telling LIES, Feather #3, because I and my family are full fare paying pax!

And WHY would we - the full fare paying pax (you can disregard those "scum" that fly on discounted tickets, eh what!) be listening to hear mention of another crew member on the flight deck?
Rumour has it that the public has a short memory, however it's not SO short that they have forgotten QANTAS' Bangkok accident.

The Captain who makes a PA and does NOT make mention of whom his F/O is - to me - comes across as something of a one-man-band.....the arrogant, authoritarian, CAPTAIN, who makes ALL the decisions and proceeds with them, regardless of changing circumstances, and protestations from the other crew member(s).

CRM - which I'd have thought would be ahot issue in QF - would most certainly debunk the myths being spread that the SLF want to hear ONLY from the Captain!
What message does that send to some CAPTAINS who already believe that CRM is a load of bollocks, and that F/O stands for "Flap Operator" and nothing more?!
Conversely, what message does it relay to the F/O who is already somewhat reluctant to speak out?

Like it or not, multi-crew operations are a TEAM effort, and part of the psyche in reinforcing that in the minds of those who don't warm to that idea is to consider the other member(s) of the TEAM.

Pity you weren't there to renew acquaintances, Keg - Cheers mate!