PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS operating single pilot?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2002, 05:56
Icarus2001

Received 246 Likes on 106 Posts
I look forward to the day that I settle in to my seat at the cinema and hear the dulcet tones of Simon the projectionist...

"Welcome to Greater Union's 6.30 screening of Lethal Weapon 6, starring Mel Gibson. My name is Simon and I will be your projectionist for the session. Assisting me today with door duties is Sandra and Paul and Julie are at the candy bar. This cinema is equipped with the latest THX cinema sound system to enhance your viewing pleasure. The cinema is maintained at a pleasant 22 degrees for your comfort. In the interests of safety please refrain from smoking and in your own best interest please switch off your mobile phone now as it may interfere with someones head. In the event of an emergency, safety lighting will illuminate, please exit by the doors to the sides of the screen. So now sit back relax and enjoy the film and I'll speak to you again as we approach the end of the session."

No more ridiculous than some of the credits for films that scroll past, the dog wrangler, best boy etc. Who cares?

Buy a new car and there is no honour roll in the boot showing who welded the seams and who installed the engine...

Let's move away from the mentality that came with early cars and aircraft, you know, walk in front with a red flag to warn people it is coming.

Last edited by Icarus2001; 3rd Nov 2002 at 06:03.