PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2011, 18:58
WHBM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Dear me, seem to have raised a few comments here ! Thank you to those on the flight deck for taking time to comment.

No, not just closing on finals. And I'm well used to the 180 degree turn after departing LCY 27 as well. What initially prompted this was a departure down to Palma, with a couple of such turns out over Kent. Then I noticed the same on the way home, and I've been watching since, and had another such experience heading for Edinburgh the day before the post. I am guessing the AP did all these because g-forces were neutral and we just went straight to the angle and held it to rollout. So not ropey at all (and way better balanced than WHBM's steep turns in the club PA28 !), just seemed steeper than common.

In passing, must compliment BA CF on starting that morning service to PMI. Left home at breakfast time, not middle of the night which the first departures from Gatwick require, proper hot breakfast on board, taxi from Palma, we were on the beach and in the Med before lunch. Oh, and a pretty full load both ways as well.