PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handing in CV in person
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2011, 21:58
corporate-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It worked for me! I did a bit of digging about to find out "who" needed to receive my CV, I then personalised the covering letter accordingly and went and hunted them down. I did this to two gents and within a week I had a phone call to do a checkout in a MEP. This went well and they sent me on some courses (fire & first aid), but in the background my other CV was working its magic and I got an interview and sim assessment to fly corporate for a well established company.

I was honest with the first company (before any formal job offer from the latter) who subsequently ceased all training and we amicably parted ways. Fortunately the other job came good and training started not long after, including a type rating at Flightsafety.

Interestingly enough I've since spoken to the chap who I hunted down to give my first CV too and he still remembered me and was impressed with my efforts but more importantly I didn't come across as a wierdo when I did find him. I was brief, professional and didn't outstay my welcome. Telling the boss you know what his favourite restaurant is, or reciting his long career will not do you any favours.

So if you're going to do it, make sure you get the balance right, stalking is not recommended