PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birth Certificates - RAF Brats born overseas
Old 28th Oct 2011, 05:48
Ogre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks

Thanks for the pointers.

The initial response from the GRO was that they could not find any record from the information we had given them. So, after raising a complaint on the GRO website we phoned (in no particular order)

Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
RAF Disclosures, Trenchard Hall Cranwell
UK High Comission, Malta
Maltese High Commission, Malta
National Archives
Disclosures Navy at Whale Island (because it was a Naval Hospital)
JCCC at Innsworth (Thanks Hilife)
MOD Main Building
....and back again

Everyone we spoke to said "Speak to the GRO" apart from the Public Records Office in Malta who directed us to a website (Thanks Tiger_mate, same place) which gave us an on-line form to fill in. We'll see what comes back from there

Eventually in desperation we phoned GRO again and actually spoke to a helpful human being. They knew exactly what we were talking about, could not see the problem, took all the details and will look into as a priority.

Addenddum: Email this morning from the GRO. When we raised the complaint we pointed out that (in 250 characters or less) we knew chapter and verse what register and entry it was as our hand writen copy tells us. We offered to send a scanned copy, and lo and behold the email asked us if we would be so kind as to do so.

So, if you are in a similar situation beware of getting a replacement if you lose the original, if/when we finally get it resolved I'll let you know where from.

P.S. I told her, if she ends up getting dragged back for military service in Malta I will not be happy....

Ogre