PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pac Blue operating Oz Domestic
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 12:05
MonsterC01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dam right SS,

I've already contacted my union about this and let them know I'm definitely not a fan of this option. And every Virgin Australia pilot should do the same.

Surely if we need the aircraft to increase capacity we are capable of crewing it ourselves. The company put out an e-mail 2 weeks ago asking pilots to nominate DO's, Blank days and Leave to help them increase capacity and maximize aircraft utilization.

Like many VA pilots I was happy to help out and nominated all of my DO's and Blank days for possible call outs. I've had 7 already this roster period and haven't received a single call. On top of this I'm only rostered for 52 hours this RP. And i'm sure i'm not the only one on these sort of hours.

Surely VA can crew this aircraft with VA pilots. smells to me like management trying to see just how far we're prepared to let them go with this kind of arrangement. What a great way to undo a lot of the good will that existed between JB and the pilot group.

Not a smart move during EBA negotiations. Many pilots will be looking to the unions now to make it hurt!

The Monster!