PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 04:16
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodown, I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to respond to your long post. From a purely scientific perspective, it would take a very, very long Pprune post to thoroughly address the falsehoods, misconceptions, and irrelevancies in it.

Statements like this:
There are several other explanations for which research is ongoing and which are gaining in viability each day as anthropogenic global warming loses (scientific) support.
indicate very strongly to me that
  1. you do not read any articles or papers from genuine scientific journals at all
  2. you do not keep up with any science news through popular science media (as opposed to the junk in the mainstream press).
I looked at your other arguments, most of which are either misleading or flagrantly wrong, but it really is too big a post to put up the latest data and charts showing you. Try checking out sea level charts at the Uni of Colorado website for example (data is from satellite radar altimetry and tidal gauges), or maybe looking up the latest Global Temperature Anomaly charts for both land and ocean from the NOAA. Perhaps the Upper Ocean Heat Content data might be worth looking at, because it sure doesn't show what you describe.

But if you want to keep believing that temps are declining, sea level is dropping, and more glaciers are springing up everywhere, please be my guest.