PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2011, 00:48
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoyHudd -

Once again you seize the opportunity to twist a potentially useful contribution to the thread into a thinly-disguised attack on aircraft enthusiasts. Many of the finest people in our industry started out as enthusiasts (and some of them remain so throughout their careers). Aviation is very fortunate to enjoy a pool of talent to recruit from which is passionate about the industry. This is something we should all encourage. Why not just make your point about go-arounds in a pleasant and constructive manner and cut out the snidey stuff. You are in danger of coming across as one of those unsavoury "hey look at me - I'm a pilot!" types ... not good. Fortunately, most aircrew I know are above such pitiful behaviour. But there remain afew dinosaurs!

And by the way, there are also aviation enthusiasts who hold highly responsible jobs in other fields of expertise. You might not be familiar with the technical terms used in their professional lives either. But it doesn't mean you are stupid or silly. Please think carefully before making further derogatory remarks about other PPRuNe contributors.

SHED.