PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 10:57
drag king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you ever consider that he too met the minimum hours, and simply completed a better application then you did?
With all due respect...the only "room for improvement" in THAT application COULD (?) be the "Why do you want to work for us?"-section, don't you agree? Once you are a >20t-rated guy with some 1000hrs on type (doesn't have to be a B73...), etc,etc frankly I think that is a very naive question. Everything else, such as putting PIC, on-type, sim-hrs down and getting the right line on the drop-down menu isn't rocket science, is it?

To clear any doubt regarding the IT-snags, when the public concern was at its apex, I emailed the right man. He replied that MY application was received loud & clear and they were working hard to fix the problem. A follow-up call some weeks later confirmed also they would eventually have notified the UNSUCCESSFUL ones. Having not received any "no thanks, but no" reply I would like to think I am still in the limbo but, because I have applied months ago, I'd rather agree with you that I have to "get the message". Shame but...

The good news is the recruitment drive will continue well into 2012, apparently.

Best wishes to the lucky one.

DK