PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part 66 B1-Help
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 09:02
flame_bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you gone through a board oral examination before becoming an engineer?
In where I work after having met the legal requirments to become an engineer experience wise (5 years experience) and qualification wise (license and a type rate) you have to sit for a board examination and be questioned by 3 guys, The quality manager, Training manager and a senior duty manager and not untill you satisfy them with your knowledge and experience you will never be an engineer.
Cyprus airlines are way diffrent than the middle east big airlines I must tell you and since the guy lives in qatar I don't think that the companies that he's likely to come across are that lax in issuing approvals.
Another point is, Have a look at how many threads posted lately by people struggling to find work, You might have joined the industry 2 years ago when there was no recession and are lucky to have gotten through with minimal experience and I myself have joined 3 years ago but nowadays it's very difficult to find work and if he's going to spend all this money on the course without securing his employment then his future will be a grey area just like the guys posting threads out here asking for assistance in seeking out work.