PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East and commuting.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2011, 19:00
Ninja chauffeur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commuting to the Middle East is feasible, as long as you're on a long haul aircraft, like 777 for QA. Quite a few do it, and are happy doing it.

Come check it out and you ll see 90% of the ME threads are BS, and this place is not so bad at all. It's what you make of it, and the possibilities (for travel, career, relaxing,...) are endless compared to Europe and certainly the UK.

By experience, you will see (If you haven't seen it already) how limiting your world is if living in the same place your whole life. Be expat for 5 years and you ll realize all your friends are still there when you go back, live in the same place, go to the same bars and restaurants, and have the same jobs.

You, on the other hand, will return home with a pocket full of money and loads of nice (and bad) experiences and new friends.

You're right about one thing though, Europe and the US are not attractive at all anymore, even the major airlines are cutting new joiner packages in half. Middle East and Far East seem like the only option for the next 10 to 20 years.

Remember, human beings will always complain, it's in their nature. So you can get depressed and read/believe all the crap ME stories, or go for the experience. It worked for me, my first job was cleaning aircraft for 800 euro gross a month, now I fly a 777 all over the world for 10 times the salary.