PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX CREW TURNOVER
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 13:47
crewsunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far this year:

NET GROWTH has been 21 Pilots in 10 months.
CX gained 2 Pilots per month. When they were targeting 200/12 = 17 pm.
88% behind target, if ur 200 aim is correct.

Net Growth 21/2500 < 0.8% Very low uptake.

Attrition this year: 33/2500 = 1.3% Low at 3.3pm but increasing.

Heard a rumor today that quite a sizable chunk will resign in Dec/Jan before the new tax year.

---------

Motivation: Besides being professional and self pride. The cherry on top type synergy required in a premium carrier comes from more than just financial rewards. It comes from "thinking your in the best team" or being in the "team most aspire to be in"

IE How your managers tread you = person not a number, Planes, rosters, benefits, salaries, housing, girls, etc..

But most of all once you have a family its game over and it time to be serious. Life back in ones home country has better prospects than being messed around by the insecurities of our middle management.

Esp Now that Basings are not available anymore and they are trying there luck at reducing HK expat benefits. Those on bases need to pay HK tax.

Well the truth is those that are serious about having a life are seriously looking at moving. Those that are 50 / 50 may in time find that other very good opportunities may dry up. I just hope that we'll all have some clarity in a few months or maybe it'll be just another shade of grey as always.

But doing nothing is silly as Pilot wages just don't seem to be keeping up with inflation. Let alone all the other bull we put up with..

I think we are reaching another watershed / turning point in this career.
Those with lateral thinking & abilities elsewhere + will power will be taking some attention away from there work to focusing on backups.

Making way for youngsters with a flare for gadgets & "narrow mindedness / experience" who's personalities can be more easily molded by corporate cultures. Who's integrity will allow safety to play second fiddle to commercial pressures.

Good luck to the traveling public - not that they care as long as the tickets are cheap the service is good and they not on that AF plane, then good to go!

With a Net growth of 0.8% CX is struggling and there is no doubt that a time bomb has started. CX are in denial. But it does not matter much my guess is Swire will offload shares to Air China during the next up turn. In a similar way the Swires changed up the Swire holding / properties recently.

Then the new game will take place and not a game I or many others will want to be part of..

So me thinks these attrition figures are just a trickle of the beginning of a flood.

Only time will tell! In the mean time the war is not over and be smart in choosing your artillery. Be proud of this Profession and stand fast to our currently high but fragile standards / rewards.