PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 09:22
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My figures take into paying back my training loan. That way it can be compared to cadet salaries of say the old BA cadet scheme
No point in quoting figures including loan repayments. As I said before it was your choice to take the loan. The small print in the whole CTC deal has always been there, sadly to coin a phrase 'fools rush in'. Ask the guys who were chopped after their IR's as CTC didn't want to present (sell) them to Easy. Those guys are now either bankrupt or servicing huge loans from £20k office job. As Dwshimoda says we may as well all complain about our jobs if we borrow unbelievable sums of money and the job doesn't satisfy the repayments. And please don't try and compare yourself to a BA cadet as it was. They had their training paid for, bar a small percentage. You guys didn't, you were paying it yourselves and at an exorbitant margin for the provider. And people here told you not to. But you knew best. But that phrase perhaps highlights the problem. You thought you were being sponsored, as CTC no doubt allowed you to think. And maybe you were too scared to read into it too much for fear of uncovering bad news.

Its almost twice my mortgage
That should have sounded alarm bells for a start. Who in their right mind borrows twice their mortgage. especially when they could have received the same training for half the cost.

Most of us wouldn't have started on this path if things were as risky as they are now. I don't know why that is so hard to fathom.
They were always risky. Economists predicted this downturn for a long time. The fierce nature of it has taken most by surprise but it was always going to happen to some extent. The reason it is hard to fathom is that people advised you all not to acquire that sort of debt just for a job with easyjet. But the lure of a jet job was too much ( and I do understand ).
Also I get the impression that having got into the rhs of your dream job, most of your collective automatically assumed they were due the 'Airline pilot lifestyle'. Whatever that is. Look at the LPL car park at the height of the cadets coming on line and you'll see what I mean. Brand new Audi's and Beemers being driven by shiny 2 stripers, whilst most of the skippers arrived in metal worth a quarter of that. Now with a debt of that amount hanging over my head the last thing I'd do is finance a new car. Again look at the historical route to a jet job. People earn 3 figures a month for a long time before they get on a TP when it becomes just about liveable. And they didn't complain, just kept the head down and an eye on the final goal. If you got straight to your jet fantastic, well done. But to then moan because they're paying you what you would have earned on TP's, that's just life.

As WWW says most of us would have jumped at the Ts&Cs as they are now, hence the lack of sympathy for your 'plight'.