PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 06:19
Jake.f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Dutchroll, trying to explain rational arguments for climate change to skeptics is like preaching evolution to fundamentalist christians... They are right and we are wrong and nothing can be said the change that mindset

It is a good point, technically gravity hasn't been proven at the quantum level, and for all logical purposes we should be able to walk through walls, given that everything is more than 99% empty space.
In-fact as an aside, quantum physics has some very loosely based theories, such as the one explaining why nuclei of atoms (Which are made of positive and neutral particles, and a bunch of positive particles that close should act like trying to hold two north poles of a magnet together and fly apart) stays together, as the explanation stands currently there is a force there, a strong one too, so it is called the strong force and that's the extent of the explanation.

Apply the same approach to the climate change theory to the theory of gravity, that throws a spanner in the works

I suppose the point is that science is based upon a lot of theory and surprisingly little laws. I think it is most logical to side with the supporters of climate change, i.e. some of the most trusted scientists in the country, who base their theories off evidence. Not fact, but it couldn't be much closer to fact.