PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Billionaires and Occupy Wall St.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2011, 04:17
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marcus 550:

3 points: what you say about bad pilots is a bit weird, you give advices that are not going to help much, and you are off topic.

Let's see those 3 points:

BAD PILOTS
Two of the four that we used are not welcome in our aircraft EVER again. One showed up for a return flight from Munich 4 hours late, laughing because he "overslept in a brothel". The other fell asleep in the lavatory and couldn't be awakened for about 3 hours.
I am not sure that somebody who spent the night in a brothel will advertize it to you or anybody else at work, especially if he is 4 hours late. Being 4 hours late, in addition, doesn't add up, it's just impossible, unless the pilot lives 4 hours from the airport when you call him to know where he is.
The other one slept in the lavatory, and couldn't be awaken for 3 hours? It's called coma. I have no idea what you are talking about on that one. And which lavoratory? The airplane's one? It's just no realistic. If I uncounter this problem, I would call an ambulance instead of advertizing in on pprune.
It was the first point.

Now let's have a look at your advices:
POLITICS
Thirdly, do NOT bring up politics during the course of an interview. I've seen this happen startlingly often. And don't assume because the aircraft owner is wealthy, that he is therefore conservative, Republican or a tea partier. Oddly enough, most of my neighbors (who are reasonably well off) are actually liberal democrats. So... you just don't know. You may espouse your admiration for Rick Perry and end the interview right there. Or for Barack Obama and end the interview right there.
RELIGION
Fourth, do NOT bring up the subject of religion during an interview. If the interviewer asks, you should tell him that you don't choose to answer. But if you bring it up you become fair game. No matter how convinced you are of the rectitude, correctness and glory of your faith, the interviewer may be of a different persuasion (or he may think that your brand of religion is good for a belly laugh). You simply cannot know.
Do you honestly beleive that there is one pilot among the ones who just read you that was about to speak about islam, god and tea party to his next coming interview and got saved by your advice? It takes much more than that to find a job, beleive me.
It looks that you are a kind of perfect employer reading your post, and you beleive many pilot are dumb.
It was the 2 point.

Finaly the last point, you are OFF TOPIC, it's not about the interview skills and having children is a must to work for you, it's about this subject, read it again, understand it, and if you have something to say about it, it would be interesting coming from an owner viewpoint:
I am seriously starting to question the people I fly. Revolutions bring change and I think some of the clients I have show little respect to the average person. I only fly a C550 but I do worry that if I move to a Challenger that these clients will be unbearable. They are seemingly occupied with SELF. We all know the media portraits of jolly generous Buffet but surely we need better working conditions and be gone with these ridiculous Freelance contracts that leave you wondering if you are ever going to afford to buy a house,pay for your children or even keep current. I have had my licence for 6 years I previously worked in the HK a booming capitalist colony, that cash cow paid for my training. Since then I have flown relief food in South Sudan a heart wrenching job and Corporate Aviation in Europe. In the good old days the billionaires expected to pay their workers why now do they try and squeeze every dime. Attitudes need to change or long live the revolution. You cannot afford a plane if you can't afford to crew it.