PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 23:15
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

You know a there was a time when people did an apprenticeship of flying instruction, air work, night freight, small TP airline, Regional and then got into a household name jet airline. When I did that I didn't get to live where I wanted. I didn't get paid more than £1,000 a month and November 1998 was memorable for being £110 for the month. You built no valuable hours and you made tea and swept the hangar sometimes.

It was tough.

Flexicadet-ship don't look tougher. Everyone applied. Everyone filled out the loan paperwork. Everyone was over the age of 18. Everyone got the deal as advertised (post 2009).

For the past 4 years there has only been EZY RYR and Flybe offering airline jobs in the UK. Spit on that if you want but BA didn't want to know your name until recently. The market for low hour pilots has been dictated by low houred pilots ability and willingness to pay further and further steps down the training path in an effort to get ahead of their peers.

The wannabe zombie army marched eagerly to the current conditions of employment.

Put in some hard yards.

How convenient to leave out that many of these naive young kids (with no experience in the aviation industry!) only did so after being encouraged by A-scalers like yourself, NSF and AdM! I've previously compared NSF to the Piper of Hamelin, and I still think that that description is very fitting!

Like the hypnotized children in the Piper of Hamelin, these naive young kids ("wannabe zombie army" as you call them! ) were led into the financial abyss by some smooth salving words of 'paying a few bucks here, sign on the dotted line there, and don't worry because you'll be joining a real career airline!'

Now these spoiled A-scalers (sitting in their cushy ivory training department towers) make a complete 180 and twist the knife a bit deeper into the desperate victim by effectively saying: 'hey, it's your own fault that you were stupid enough to sign a bad deal in order to join this "real career" airline."'

WWW has just again (after together with NSF inviting middle management to the private forum...) reminded the world of how spineless, selfish and naive some orange "senior" pilots are, but as correctly pointed out by studi: it will come back to haunt you!

For some, CRM is obviously some obscure three letter abbreviation that only applies between park brake "off" and park brake "set." What happens after that is also known as social Darwinism: every man, woman, child for himself!

A word of advice to all people interested in joining a career airline: take all the sales talks (i.e. management propaganda!) of spineless A-scalers like WWW, NSF and AdM with a large pinch of salt!