PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 22:37
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW-Well Put.

Welcome to the real world guys. If I had taken that home after repaying my loans as a turboprop FO I'd have been over the moon. As would many of my friends who came up through the ranks so to speak. Try being an FI in the middle of winter then come back and see if you think you're hard done to. No one made you take the loans, no one made you join Easy. It was your choice alone.
What about the guys who are kept up most of the night by a sick girlfriend, or noisy housemate's party because they cannot afford to live on their own? Do you think they will call in sick?
One would hope the individual would have the professionalism not to fly if unfit. Anything else is unacceptable.

Like it or not there will always be zero sympathy from those who have gone through the ringer to end up in the rhs of a shiny jet towards those who thought it was as easy as borrowing a huge wedge of cash and turning up, thus messing with what had previously been a natural order, and keeping experienced people out of a job they have worked exceptionally hard to get. Then go bleating if the goalposts move. Look at any regional at the moment, Flybe is a good example, and you'll see scores of Captains and FO's, a lot of whom have got where they are through the more traditional route of instructing/air taxi etc. Most of whom hoped to then land a job on an airbus/boeing. They could argue that their goalposts were moved by the CTC mug.