PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 21:41
ARNOLDJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I took the loan out it was on the understanding of two contractural conditions. The first was that I would receive £1000 of my salary as a tax free bond repayment to cover the cost of the loan each month. This was supposed to go on for the first 7 years of employment.
The second clause was that a type rating was supposed to be included in the course costs that we paid up front.
In respect of the first point, the repayments aren't happening and there is no sign of them beginning to either. This is a loss of earnings in effect of about £300 per month.
The type rating also cost £8000 up from which I am trying to pay back to my creditor (this pay back wasn't taken into account in the figures I already gave you by the way... Ie More outgoings)
So as you can see the goal posts have moved considerably since I took out the loan. Would i take out the loan now? Im not sure i would. But After being unemployed for a year after obtaining a cpl it's pretty hard to turn down the only prospect of employment in an airline with a corporate beast the size of HSBC breathing down your neck.
Solution? Swallow pride, take job, avoid bankruptcy. Hope you survive.
I don't normally post on here but sometimes I get the slightest whiff that some people think flexicrew pilots are either arrogant, naive or whinging babies and I would hope to be none of those. I wanted to explain to blackandbrown that it isn't as rosie as he thinks, that's all. I hope this clears a few things up.