PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 19:34
I'm Off!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, AdM - in Nov you have a bunch of stressed out relatively inexperienced FOs on Flexi contracts given c 2 days of flying each, and using ARNOLDJs example above expecting to be on -£300 once tax/NI and loan repayments are taken off. Some of them will likely catch a nasty bout of cold/flu. What will they do? What do you think they will do? Be honest, put their hand up and say that they feel dreadful and cannot clear their ears? Or work anyway for fear of being -£500 instead.

What about the guys who are kept up most of the night by a sick girlfriend, or noisy housemate's party because they cannot afford to live on their own? Do you think they will call in sick?

Frankly the flexi-crew scheme when operated in the numbers and proportions that easyJet use is a complete disgrace and exploitation. 59% of LGW FOs not on permanent contracts? Come on. The biggest issue is the lack of spine at the CAA to attack this issue, and all of the "I'm alright Jack" guys who will let it happen with barely a waver because their T&Cs are ok and it doesn't directly affect them.