PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 11:18
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Easyjet do not owe you a UK contract, I don't ever remember UK being in any promises.
So a company that uses your labour skills, does not owe you a contract? Typical naive thinking, and then people still wonder why T&C's are dropping so fast...

Although the results of Project Merlin are not guaranteed, it seems very likely that we will have significant movement on that front next year
Funny how it's always next year..!
Spot on, unfortunately, people like AdM and his sidekick NSF need some kind of carrot to be permanently dangled in front of them, any sparkle of hope to cling on to. They missed the boat a few decades ago because back then they were already so naive to believe that the promise of a quick command would bring them a golden future instead of joining a seniority list working (on a real and permanent contract!) for a real career airline. So their naivety and 'normalcy bias' (Google that!) requires them to be permanently brainwashed and conditioned into thinking/hoping that rescue is on the way. Just look at all the empty promises of a better future that NSF has been rambling on about for the last 5 years and then you'll quickly see why his credibility is completely used up and why he has passed the baton to AdM with his "project Merlin."

Hope springs eternal! Keep on hoping & praying that "next year" things will be different and that "project Merlin" will improve your lives! Just don't hold your breath...

They want to flog you for a few years and dangle a carrot of better things to come (as do many airlines), whilst all the time expecting many guys to leave. Good for business I guess, but terrible for workforce morale and job satisfaction.
That's what I've been saying for years! Coincidentally and ironically, the bad workforce morale and job satisfaction is required because only so people will leave after a few years in order to make room for the next batch of MPL cadets willing to work for even less! Bad morale is part of the business plan!

p.s. doesn't anyone think it's strange that a company needs to set up some kind of "project BlaBla" in order to treat people in a human way? These kind of "projects" are just like "political committees" and "think tanks:" they're designed to talk in circles for years without solving anything, but to keep the dumb sheeple (i.e. you!) ignorant and hopeful for a better future! As I said: bad morale is part of the business plan, it cleanses the system of old and expensive pilots and replaces them with cheaper and cheaper cannon fodder!

p.p.s. I sometimes see this "originally posted by XYZ" in posts, how can you quote people?

Last edited by Doug the Head; 20th Oct 2011 at 17:58.