PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right on cue - the spin machine keeps on keeping on - JH of course
Old 20th Oct 2011, 03:48
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In an interview on ABC News 24 this morning the transport minister Anthony Albanese, agreed that the government could use its powers under the Fair Work Act to intervene and force a resolution of the differences between the parties if the national interest was affected.
"Force" is the funniest word in this part of Ben's article. We all know that the only 'force' a politician can muster up is the energy to take oneself from one overflowing trough to another in search of taxpayer funded/big business gifted treats, goodies, perks and rewards. They must really be shi#ting themselves that gravy train may run dry.
Maybe Albanese could 'force' CASA to conclude regulatory change and actually finish a project, by way of priority over Qantas issues?
As for 'national interest', well is it in the national interest to blow billions on usless schemes, failed experiments, introducing crafty lawyer written ****e legislation and approving devious taxpayer money raping mechanisms such as 'Carbon Tax'?
Give me a break, this government of incompetent, bloated self interested bureaucrats couldnt efficiently run a sausage sizzle outside a hardware store let alone achieve anything else.

Let this battle run it's course I say, had management of QF truly been winning the war you would hear nothing about the 35000 workers getting screwed, but when management are on the back foot they act like a schoolyard bully who finally meets his nemesis and they call in the even bigger kids to help them.
QF management and politicians would be advised to cautiously reconsider their actions in my view, we are not living in 1989 and we are not living in 2001, this is 2011 and the little people are becoming a growing force who will no longer accept nor tolerate corporate/political greed, lies and deception. Pull your heads out of your well appointed arses and look around the world out how dictatorial leadership is now being dealt with you fools? If you don't think it can or will happen in Australia then you truly are living in cloud cuckoo land.

The facts in this fiasco are quite simple in my view:

Shareholders - Grab your spreadsheets, calculators and hostorical financial data and ask yourself 'am I better off now' with my investment? If not, wake up and make yourself known, YOU can make the required changes. Strength in numbers.
QF employee's - Are you currently better off or will you be better off under the current offerings, style of management and actions of your 'leaders' ? If not, then now is your moment of truth, speak now or forever hold your peace. Again, strength in numbers, YOU can make the changes required - Think smart, act smart, make your stand now, there will be a winner in all this bloodshed, question is do you the employee and shareholder have the balls to win this?