PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 20:11
CentreFix25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H, there's just not the demand for a Westbound scheduled service from NCL, don't let the Summer holiday makers to Florida make you think there is.

Pulling a route even before it's started (also in better economical times) is a good indicator. The availability of Westbound flights from MAN, EDI and GLA is also a factor. You also can't gat a pallet in the hold of a 757 - also a factor, but you can in the Emirates A330 (thats a big reason why Dubai works).

We might technically not be in recession, but it's not good, and won't be for a good few years - if your running a business it's just not worth the risk.

Over the last couple of years most airports have shown a drop in passenger numbers. While they all would love to grow, i'm sure most would be happy to just stand still.

The Westbound Toronto only survived by the skin of its teeth last year, and is only operating now with half-a-plane load shared with Exeter. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the route when the A310 fleet is gone.

I'm just trying to think what new route would work out of NCL, and it it were my money would I take a risk on it, and I can't. I'd keep my money because I can't see it making a decent enough return on anything Ex-NCL.