PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT or not SFT
Thread: SFT or not SFT
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2001, 04:09
RegionalFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at SFT and had some bad experiences with them but that said, I would still recommend them. Whilst other people on my course moaned constantly, I decided to put up and shut up (ok so I got an upgrade to the Aztec instead of the Seminole) and as a result I landed a jet job within 6 days of finishing my training. Ok so I was incredibly lucky and that isn't typical, but just goes to prove that ultimately it doesn't actually matter which school you trained with- I'm not sure all airlines place any importance on that anyway. A license is still a license and regardless of who paid for your course, to get one requires a lot of hard work, I think airlines realise that. Once you have completed your first year in your first job, It matters not where you trained, hours and types qualify you, whether you took two or three attempts to pass your morse code does not. Training in my opinion is all about jumping through hoops to get into a great club, most of your training will be provided online with your employer.

So get jumping and forget the school snobbery 'cos a tick in the box is still a tick in the box!