PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 10:39
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FPS - I agree with you. That is pure common sense. If the big boys want a longer bit of tarmac, let them pay for it. I also agree that NCL is not suited to be a long-haul airport as well, if for no other reason than the 'traffic' is not sophisticated enough to support a traditional long haul network.

And remember whenever you go through the airport that you are paying for the bonus paid to previous directors for borrowing money in the airport's name. You'll also be paying that for years to come. But the next thing you'll be paying for are the new "strip you stark b*****k naked" scanners and security search area. And I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that only operators of the same sex as those being scanned will see the results. Quite why I don't know. It's presumably to stop the operators from getting any form of 'satisfaction' from seeing the images. But if you run the logic of that decision to its natural conclusion, you'll have to make sure that none of these operators are gay, just in case they might... But that is not legal! All together now: "The lunatics - have taken over the..."

Never put security in the same sentence as safety and/or common sense.

PM